Last Will & Testament
Wills are documents used to direct how property should be distributed upon your death. Wills are the most common type of estate planning tool and are useful primarily in uncomplicated situations. At the Law Offices of Glenn & Glenn, we view wills as one of the many tools (along with trusts) available to constructing a well thought-out, customized estate plan for you and your family.
In order to properly advise and draft a will, we will need to know about all of your assets and how they are owned. The following checklist will aid in understanding the asset list:
- Real Estate Assets: description, location (state), value, ownership, mortgages or other liabilities
- Business Interests: business entity, location (state), value of interest, ownership, liabilities
- Bank Accounts: where held, type of account, value, ownership, designated beneficiary
- Brokerage Accounts: where held, type of account, value, ownership, designated beneficiary
- Stocks and Bonds: name of company, value, cost, ownership
- Life Insurance: carrier, type, face value, owner, beneficiary
- Retirement Plans (pension, 401(k), IRA, KEOGH, profit sharing): type of plan, owner, beneficiary
We recommend getting together every three to five years to review the plan. This should be done sooner if there is a life-changing event such as a birth, death, significant financial changes, major illness, marriage or divorce.
In addition to the standard Last Will & Testament, our office also provides pour-over wills to accompany the creation of a revocable trust.
Contact us to schedule a consultation and discuss how the Law Offices of Glenn & Glenn can help you with your will preparation needs. Home, hospital appointments and telephone appointments are available.
Request A Consultation
Practicing in Indian River County for over 35 years. Contact us for a consultation today!
Law Offices of Glenn & Glenn
2165 15th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Phone: (772) 569-0442
Fax: (772) 567-5097